On April 22, 2017, we will join our fellow Americans in celebrating Earth Day. This unique holiday has been celebrated across the nation since 1970. The day was designed to build awareness and appreciation for our environment and consider new ways that our society can make the earth a healthier place to live.
Although Earth Day is celebrated in the spring of every year, you can make efforts to change your own household and make every day Earth Day.
Steps you can take to reduce your carbon footprint:
• Recycle whenever possible.
• Eliminate your pile of paper financial statements by switching to eStatements.
• Reduce your trips to the branch by banking online through Online and Mobile Banking.
• Look to upgrade to a more eco-friendly vehicle.
• Conserve your utility resources by turning down your thermostat and turning off the lights in your home when you know you won’t be there.
• Grow your own fruits and vegetables or purchase food from local farmers and markets to reduce carbon emissions from trains and trucks.
• Begin to compost and recycle vegetables and yard waste, and use it for landscaping.
• Most importantly enjoy the outdoors by taking a walk, hike or even a bike ride and enjoy what nature has to offer.
To help get you started, join us for our FREE Earth Day celebration!
Date and Time:
Saturday, April 22, 2017, from 9:00AM – 12:00PM
1630 King Street
Alexandria, VA 22314
• During the three-hour event, Enterprise Car Sales will be on site to answer any of your questions regarding their inventory of environmentally friendly vehicles and how you can get behind the wheel of a certified used vehicle. In addition, get one percent off your lowest qualifying APR* through SDFCU when purchasing a vehicle from Enterprise Car Sales.
• SDFCU team members will be available to answer any questions you might have regarding our credit card options, opening a new membership or one of our truly free checking accounts, and more.
Other Attractions Include:
• An Eco-friendly vehicle from Enterprise Car Sales’ inventory will be on display.
• Family-friendly activities for all the members of your family.
• Gift bags and giveaways will be available for all attendees.
• Refreshments will be served.
• Face Painter will be available for the kids in your family and more.
Rally your community:
Encourage your family, friends and colleagues to come down and take part in the festivities.
*Upon used vehicle purchase from Enterprise Car Sales financed with SDFCU.
By Donovan B. Fox ©Copyright 2017 SDFCU.org